1/14 Transformations- Trauma Informed Care
November 10th 10-1 Eastern
Not the Usual Trauma Informed Care Training!
Transformations Goal - Trauma Informed Care Tansformations is to provide a practical guide & applications for agencies, & support service professionals to practice trauma informed care to help recognize the trauma of individuals, staff, and the community, and assist in creating an organizational structure that avoids re-traumatization, promotes safety and encourages healing.
Training will cover
- Trauma informed care basics
- Define trauma prevelence & complexity to healing and recovery
- Overview of ACE study
- Review of Samsha's 5 core values to incorporate within a culture of trauma-informed care which are: safety, trustworthiness, choice and empowerment.
- Covers accreditation requirements for screening assessment & delivery
- Attendees will practice experiential activites to assist in understanding individuals affected by trauma and promoting trauma informed care interactions
Continuing education applicable for KY Targeted Case Managers and approved for KY ADC CEU's.
Trauma Informed training- may cover additional continuing education requirements and/or agency insurance requirements.