July 29th 10-1 Eastern Trauma Informed Care Transformations
Not the Usual Trauma Informed Care Training!
Transformations Goal - Trauma Informed Care Tansformations is to provide a practical guide & applications for agencies, & support service professionals to practice trauma informed care to help recognize the trauma of individuals, staff, and the community, and assist in creating an organizational structure that avoids re-traumatization, promotes safety and encourages healing.
Training will cover
- Trauma informed care basics
- Define trauma prevelence & complexity to healing and recovery
- Overview of ACE study
- Review of Samsha's 5 core values to incorporate within a culture of trauma-informed care which are: safety, trustworthiness, choice and empowerment.
- Covers accreditation requirements for screening assessment & delivery
- Attendees will practice experiential activites to assist in understanding individuals affected by trauma and promoting trauma informed care interactions
Continuing education applicable for KY Targeted Case Managers.
Trauma Informed training- may cover additional continuing education requirements and/or agency insurance requirements.